- This course meets the International Register of Certificated Auditors Criteria, PR315 Course Specification
- to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
- Students who complete this CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course successfully (within the three years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as CQI and IRCA EMS auditor.
Summary of Course Features
- CQI and IRCA(UK) Approved Course
- “Accelerated Learning Approach” with stimulating and enriching workshops/case studies activities
- “Workshop-based training” with comprehensive course notes & industrial examples
- Risk-based thinking, PDCA and the process approach
- A focus on the more important (“high-risk”) processes and their output
- Examination Based training, award CQI and IRCA Certificate of Achievement & Attendance
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system, of environmental management systems standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the environmental management system.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Who Should Attend
- Delegates with some understanding of the content, application, development and implementation of the ISO 14001 series of standards and who wish to subsequently practice as an EMS auditor.
- Management Representatives, internal auditors, 2nd party & 3rd party auditors who are responsible to provide “value-added” EMS audit to enable Continual Improvement.
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance.
- Explain the ISO 14001, PDCA cycle and EMS requirements.
- Explain the purpose of, and differences between, first-party, second-party and third-party certification audit of management systems, including the role of the EMS auditor in evaluating an organization’s capability to protect against, reduce the likelihood occurrence of, prepare for, respond to, and recover from, disruptive incidents when they arise. Explain the benefits of third-party accredited certification of environmental management systems for organizations and stakeholders.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Skills (Practised Through Tasks in Simulated, Audit Situations)
Skills are to be practiced and tested through tasks and in real, or simulated, audit situations such as when planning the audit, conducting the audit, auditing environmental management system requirements, generating audit findings, reporting the audit and following up the audit.
Students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
- The three intended outcomes of an environmental management system (see ISO 14001) namely the enhancement of environmental performance, fulfilment of compliance obligations and achievement of environmental objectives.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training course or the equivalent.
CQI and IRCA Reg. Lead Auditor / Auditor and approved Lead Tutors / Tutors who are highly qualified and professional graduates, experience in the field of QA, Environmental, OHS and familiar with local environment.